Wednesday, December 12, 2007

January 21, 2007 - A New Start

What are some of the things you do when you make a life-change?

Certainly, I think about keeping in touch with my friends and family. For me, that is easier said than done. Hence, the blog...
In general, I am lousy at keeping in touch - it is not something I am happy about, and so am looking for ways to fix the situation. I recently lost my web domain - I hadn't kept it up anyway - so, the email address that people have used for years is goooone.

So what is this life change?
Well, I gave notice at work this week. As of March 2, I am officially retired!
As I am 43, this cause a number dirty looks and comments. Among them: "loser!" (Steve), "I hate you" (Tim), "but you aren't even grey!" (Bret - thanks for that one ;))

Rick (my husband) and I are moving to Costa Rica soon. We will be "rentista" residents, which means we aren't allowed to work (but that *is* the point). I plan to learn the language (my Spanish is not up to snuff yet), learn about the culture first hand, learn how to live our daily lives in different towns around the country, and learn...

... and share

No comments: