We all get our rules for handling food from somewhere - our parents, grocery store wrapping, trial and error… Well, after a miserable couple of days, we have decided on some *new* rules.
1) Find a butcher you can trust.
2) When you buy meat, rinse it as soon as you get home. Most butchers keep their meat on ice, and you can’t count on what else has been there - rinse it off.
3) Either cook the meat and eat it that day, or freeze it - *that same day*
4) After rinsing the meat, rinse down all surfaces with a bleach solution. Let it stand for at least 3 minutes, then rinse with water.
5) Keep leftover beans or rice for no more than 3 days. Keep any other leftovers for no more than *one* day - make less, eat it the next day, or toss it.
6) Put leftovers in the fridge right away - within half an hour of eating.
For those who were wondering *where* has she been!?!? Now you know. I was sick. Poisoned in my own kitchen. Making up new rules…
Thorny Tales From The Garden
15 hours ago