Friday, April 16, 2010

Permanent!

7 months, 1 week, and 2 days ago, Rick and I applied for permanent residency in Costa Rica. Today (!!!), Rick was notified that his was approved! He has actually been a "permanent resident" now for about a month :-) but the wheels of bureaucracy grind slowly.

Our very first question after absorbing the good news was "ummm, what about Julie?" Well, it turns out that even though we applied "together," they are really two separate residency requests. So, the packets go to different immigration employees - one might be faster than the other, or have a smaller pile, or one might have taken a longer vacation... Bottom line, Rick could legally work here now, but I still can't (sob).

I believe (I am telling myself this, anyway) that since Rick's has been ok'd for a month, that mine is probably approved too - we just haven't been notified about it yet.

Next step - get an appointment for Rick's new cédula, libre de condición!

No comments: