Argh! I ran out of gas!
I use propane gas from a small tank for cooking, and *love* it! But I was always paranoid about running out of gas in the middle of cooking - after all, when else would you run out of gas? So, about a year ago (or was it two?), I got a second tank. The *idea* was to always have a full back-up tank. When the one in use became empty, I would switch tanks, and *immediately* call the gas guy to give me a refill. One tank usually lasts 3 months. Well, I kept my empty around just a little too long this time, and last night (Sunday, the one day the gas guy does not deliver), my dinner was nearly done, and ... phft! No gas. Luckily, I have a microwave, and the dinner was nearly cooked, so we got to eat...
I let Pura Vida get the better of me - but then Pura Vida took care of me too :-)
---- if you need cooking gas ----
Tropigas delivers (to many places, but not all) Monday - Saturday, 7am - 7pm. Their free servicio express center is 800-876-7442. They exchange your empty tank for a full one, and charge the going rate for the gas (currently just under c9000 for a 25# tank). The first time you call, they get all your pertinent information (phone number, address, needs, etc). The next time:
- you say you want servicio express
- they confirm your address (based on the number you call from, which they can see)
- they tell you the price, based on your last order
- you tell them what bills you will pay with (so they will have the correct change)
- they will give you a time estimate; mine has been delivered anywhere between 15 minutes and and hour and a half
- I always ask if the guy can test the tank(s). The last time, he tightened my regulator valve for me :-)
- *Immediately* bake some cookies to make sure everything is working right...
Thorny Tales From The Garden
15 hours ago